Friday, May 22, 2009

Price Fixation

Since I'm just about done drilling the 150+ boards that have been in the work queue for the last year or so, I can start to turn my attention to actually finishing and releasing the new series (there are 22 new series). I will try and finish and release a couple of series at a time. With a few exceptions, there probably won't that many boards under $15 anymore. Back in the day, I sold boards for as little as $3. There will still be a fair amount of boards under $20 though. Most of the more expensive boards (any board selling for over $29) will come with free shipping, free deck of sealed playing cards, etc. I really struggle with pricing and I will continue to - since I don't want to price my work so high I never sell anything, but not so low - that people question the quality and/or workmanship. Cribbage boards can be bought for as cheap as couple of dollars, so charging $50 or $100 for board can be a little challenging. Based on my own experience, I know what sells in that price range, albeit slower.

No comments: