Friday, May 22, 2009

19 States, Quarters & Caps

I keep track of a lot of metrics around the selling of my cribbage and chess boards. I keep track of which states I've sold in and I've been hovering around 32 states for a while. I figure I have a long way to go before I hit the 51st state, seeing how I have to sell boards to crib players in another 19 states, but I've already planned how commemorate when I finally hit the 51st state. The 51st state buyer will receive their board with their state's quarter inlaid into the bottom of the board. I'm counting the District of Columbia as a separate state, BTW. For the curious, here's a list of the 19 remaining states to be sold in: Arkansas - Delaware - Illinois - Louisiana - Maine - Missouri - Montana - Nebraska - Nevada - New Hampshire - New Mexico - North Dakota - Oklahoma - Rhode Island - Tennessee - Utah - Vermont - West Virginia - Wyoming. Since I turn my own threaded caps from hardwood dowels, I decide to start numerically numbering boards with their caps. This be will just another fun way of keeping track of the numeric order in which boards are sold. So for example, if you bought board #168, the bottom of the screw cap on your board would have the number "#168" etched onto it. The number will be on the bottom of the cap (below the threads so as not to be visible).

No comments: