Friday, September 21, 2007

Chessboards Coming Soon to EnumeroCribbageBoards.com

At the suggestion of my wife, I will soon be adding chessboards the line-up as well. They require quite a bit more wood than my typical crib board, but I think I got the hang of lining up the squares for the "checkerboard" pattern. Unlike my typical crib board, the chess boards are solid wood throughout. A chess board is a little fussier to work with, especially when dealing with 64 little square pieces of hardwood. Like my typical crib board, they will have an inlay type border and an outer border(probably the Purpleheart/Bloodwood combo), and will have either a Mahogany or Purpleheart bottom. Each board will include a set of chess pieces and possibly a little knick-knack box to hold the chess pieces. The typical chess board will be made of 4-5 species of wood. Right now the 3 boards I'm making have reclaimed walnut/white oak for the checkboard itself, mahogany or purpleheart for the bottom and a purpleheart/bloodwood border. I came up with kind of fun (and big series) name: 64 Famous Chess Games, which I found on ask.com (Wikipedia is my usual source). Each board will include the chess moves of that famous game either on a laminated card or actually written on the bottom of the chess board (or both).

No comments: