Thursday, September 27, 2007

64 Great Chess Games (Chess Boards) - 64 Boards

Series Title: 64 Great Chess Games (Chess Boards)

Background: I play chess and I enjoy chess, but I'm not a competive player. I made my first chess board for my wife, Tanya. At her suggestion, I am now making and selling chess boards alongside my cribbage boards. Keeping in line with my charter to make my boards unique and give each board a unique name, I chose a big series to name the boards after. Usually, I don't sell a series until the series is complete. But since this is such a big series and chess boards take a considerable amount more time to make than a cribbage board, I will offer them as they come off the EnumeroCribbageBoards.com Factory Floor. These 64 matches represented so many of the modern Grand Masters of Chess and since I'm not a chess expert, I humbly rely on the opinions of others. The about.com article states: "these are considered by many experts to be among the best chess games ever played".

3 of 64 Boards:

1. 1834 - London: McDonnell A. - De La Bourdonnais L.
2. 1851 - London: Anderssen A. - Kieseritzky L.
3. 1852 - Berlin: Anderssen A. - Dufresne J.

No comments: