Monday, November 24, 2008

PolyCarbonate and Google Searches

It would appear that after 2+ years of selling cribbage boards on the Internet, my website is starting to show up on the first page of google.com search results under the very generic terms, "Cribbage boards" and "cribbage board". I've been as high as position #4 on the first page of google.com results. I wish I could say being in such a high position has sent sales through the roof, but it hasn't. I'm not surprised. I know from first hand experience my cribbage boards sell much better when the buyer can see them up close and personal, touch them, look at the different kinds of boards, rattle the boards and hear the metal pegs rolling around in the peg storage department. I will say that etsy.com has been helpful in selling boards. Buyers go to etsy.com looking for artisan quality hand made items.

On a different note, my little side business of selling crib templates is humming along. Making a board template involves little more effort than simply drilling the holes, so they are pretty straight forward to make. Right now I offer 11 different templates for sale (and counting).

I was fortunate enough to get a decent supply of Polycarbonate plastic from my local Tap Plastics. I now use 3 different kinds of plastic for cribbage board templates: resin cast (the blue plastic backed plastic), chemcast (the paper backed plastic) and now the "bullet-proof" polycarbonate plastic. The polycarbonate plastic seems pretty indestructible.

No comments: