Thursday, February 21, 2008

Attack of the Clones - Part II

Still flush with success from actually rolling my own cribbage template, I think over the next few months, I will clone all my steel templates (into plastic) and if anyone wants to buy a cloned template from me (made in plastic), I will offer those for sale at a nominal fee - maybe $10-15. About 1/2 the price of what Rockler charges for their plastic templates. I've had 2 or 3 requests from Cribbage Enthusiasts looking for crib board templates. The plastic templates won't be pretty, but they should be functional. I've noticed that the plastic templates are easier to get tighter against the board (than the steel templates) which reduces drill bit tear out (the tendency of the drill bit to pull a little bit of the wood face out with it as it exits the hole). The cool thing is I can make a batch of say4 or 5 cloned templates in one drilling session, since I can just gang them together and drill them all at once.

No comments: